Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th.....Just taking a moment




So, the neatest part about having a birthday on September 11th is that I get a chance to really reflect on what's important in life. Good thing too, because I LOVE getting spoiled on my birthday, partying like crazy, eating lots of chocolate, so God must have known I'd need a little sobering up once a year (NOT in the alcohol sense :)
At any rate, today I have been thinking about my Mom. She was the first one to call me this morning at 8a.m. to wish me a happy birthday -- she was thinking about how it was about the same time of day when she went into labor with me (of course, I wasn't actually born until 7pm that night -- the poor woman!). Anyway, she is super! And a shout out to my Dad (I don't think either of them actually read this blog, so this may be kind of pointless) who has been a lifesaver in helping me find a used car that wasn't stolen from Russia or dotted with acid burns.
Oh, and the picture! This is the newly-dedicated 9/11 memorial at the Pentagon. I'm going there tonight when it will open to the public. The Navy Band will be playing -- should be neat.
And PLEASE excuse the horrible formatting -- I was playing around with the html last night, and the colors sort of exploded. Does anyone know how to get rid of the green borders? If I could get rid of those, I think I'd be a pretty happy camper.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Happy birthday, friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I a sober, respectful sort of way, but still with much celebrating. I am looking forward to "partying like crazy" tonight.