we got a little shout-out from a guy on the street.
"YOU'RE UGLY!!!"
He said, and it was very clear
that the wind had severely tousled our usually well-kept hair.
But before I got myself all in a stew,
I remembered that it can go the other way too.....
A year ago in Mexico, on the streets of Guadalajara --
Trust me, we wouldn't have to walk very far, uh,
Before we'd get some cat calls, a "Hey Baby,"
And about 20 whistles, maybe.
It was all very flattering to be noticed, tickly-pink
But these calls from the street have given me pause, made me think.....
No one can make me feel ugly or bonita without my permission!
No one else can contribute to my self-esteem highs or attrition!
So watch out, world, I know who I am, deep inside
I'm your average awesome girl, true blue and bona-fide.
(OK, so I just wanted to blog about the guy who yelled "You're Ugly!" but once I start rhyming, I can't stop. Anybody wanna peanut?)
In other news......

BYU is now ranked #11 in both polls. Go gettum, Cougs!

3 comments:
Remember the homeless guy in Georgetown who wouldn't solicit money from you because you looked poor? :)
Yeah, that was definitely a low point. Getting called poor by a homeless man. Wow, at least I've had a good laugh or two about that. It still makes me chuckle :) Though it also makes me wonder what kind of impression I give people....
what a jerkface!! When Maren and I first moved here we decided to go check out the nightlife in Dupont circle. As we were waiting to cross the street this car full of guys drove by and one leaned out the window and yelled "look at the lesbians!" It made me so mad. I need to practice letting stuff like that roll off my back (like a ducks back?) easier. Oh well. At least this kind of stuff gives us good stories to tell.
Post a Comment