Friday, February 6, 2015

Keep

For an introduction to Five Minute Friday, click here.

This week's one-word prompt is: Keep

Ready?

GO.

"Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold."

We sang that song in Brownies growing up. Making and keeping friends has become a way of life in the Foreign Service.  I'm not sure we're succeeding, but we're trying!  One great friend I've "kept" from my DC single days is Kate the Great.  We've gone from living 5 feet apart when we were roommates, to 9,000+ miles apart, to just a few blocks apart now!  I love how we can laugh thinking back to the "good old days," and laugh some more at the antics we're up to now.  For example:



Thanks Kate for the expert bubble-blowing!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I love it when friends circle back into the neighborhood. That doesn't happen very often I would guess. What fun for both of you!