Friday, January 30, 2015

Wait

For an introduction to Five Minute Friday, click here.

This week's one-word prompt is: Wait

Ready?

GO.

Caroline is almost a year old.  Someone asked me this week "Did it go by quickly?"  I think most parents say "Yes, I can't believe it's been a year, seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital."  But I laughed when I answered my friend.  "It's been a LONG year."  It really has.  It feels like it's been three years.  We moved back to the U.S., bought a house, started new jobs, and Caroline had colic for most of that time.  We had many additional trials that probably only God knows and understands.  

But just now, I looked at a framed picture of our baby girl on the day she came home from the hospital, and I said to myself, "Wait a minute.....is she really a year old?  Wait.....has she really grown so much?"  Yes, that part is hard to believe.  

STOP.



1 comment:

Patti said...

They really do grow up so fast, and just get cuter and cuter!