
Wow, what a weekend. Sunday -- went to the "We Are One" concert. I sang "American Pie" with Garth Brooks!!!!!!!!! And "This Land is Your Land" with Peter Seeger! And I saw Tom Hanks (he was the size of an ant -- the only reason I could see him is because his dark black suit stood out against the Lincoln Memorial. But I saw him, I swear!). The concert was fantastic -- all 500,000+ of us bonded by freezing for a few hours, then singing and dancing together on the mall.
My co-worker Jason found a fantastic spot right behind the World War Two Memorial (and right between two Jumbotrons -- that was key).
Then today....
Took the insanely packed metro to Arlington Cemetery, walked across Memorial Bridge...(so cool to see everyone walking)...
Then found a lovely spot right in front of the Washington Monument. Not too far away (can you see the Capitol? It's right behind those speakers.)
I spent the day with Cara and Ashley (see below) and Mary and Levent. And a million + other people. And of course President Obama. I'm pretty sure he waved at me. Through the Jumbotron.
At any rate, we walked the four miles home, and tried to thaw out. Still working on it. All in all, a super-cool day. Being on the mall with a million different people from so many backgrounds, old and young, from the East Coast and the West Coast and the Midwest and New England, and ALL FREEZING! But definitely all excited to be there and to be a part of history.

2 comments:
I'm so jealous! It looked so exciting to actually BE there. What an awesome experience.
Way cool. Very jealous.
Post a Comment