Also....I will have the opportunity to travel to Honolulu to be admin support for a conference there! Hooray! There are five of us "admin" folks, and five conferences. Everyone got their top choice, but me (I'm the newbie). Hawaii was actually my last choice :) if that gives you any idea of what my other choices were like! I really wanted to go abroad, but I just keep thinking about what one of my friends in Mexico told me when I asked him where he would want to travel in the United States. "Oh, I don't want to visit there anymore. I really need to get to know my own country." And so it is with me. I have spent so long focusing on international relations and dying to visit exotic places that I've quite forgotten the importance of getting to know MY country. This will be such a neat experience (it's still exotic :) and I will get to see a part of the country I never planned on. Wow!
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Role Plays and Long Days
Well, the job is going smashingly! I forgot what an adjustment it is to work full-time, holy cow. But I love staying busy, and I love having no homework, so it's the perfect combination for me. My commute is not too shabby; just a half-hour bus ride. I can't believe there are people who commute to D.C. from West Virginia. Unbelieveable.

Also....I will have the opportunity to travel to Honolulu to be admin support for a conference there! Hooray! There are five of us "admin" folks, and five conferences. Everyone got their top choice, but me (I'm the newbie). Hawaii was actually my last choice :) if that gives you any idea of what my other choices were like! I really wanted to go abroad, but I just keep thinking about what one of my friends in Mexico told me when I asked him where he would want to travel in the United States. "Oh, I don't want to visit there anymore. I really need to get to know my own country." And so it is with me. I have spent so long focusing on international relations and dying to visit exotic places that I've quite forgotten the importance of getting to know MY country. This will be such a neat experience (it's still exotic :) and I will get to see a part of the country I never planned on. Wow!
Also....I will have the opportunity to travel to Honolulu to be admin support for a conference there! Hooray! There are five of us "admin" folks, and five conferences. Everyone got their top choice, but me (I'm the newbie). Hawaii was actually my last choice :) if that gives you any idea of what my other choices were like! I really wanted to go abroad, but I just keep thinking about what one of my friends in Mexico told me when I asked him where he would want to travel in the United States. "Oh, I don't want to visit there anymore. I really need to get to know my own country." And so it is with me. I have spent so long focusing on international relations and dying to visit exotic places that I've quite forgotten the importance of getting to know MY country. This will be such a neat experience (it's still exotic :) and I will get to see a part of the country I never planned on. Wow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lucckkyyy,
I want to go to Honolulu! I'm glad to hear your grown up job is going well. Posing as a fraud immimgrant sounds fun!! haha.
Best of luck to ya!
Post a Comment