Friday, December 19, 2014

Adore

For an introduction to Five Minute Friday, click here.

This week's one-word prompt is: Adore

Ready?

GO.

The things that came to mind when I read this prompt were:

"Oh Come Let Us Adore Him"

How much I adore my little girl

How the word adore has come to have a bit of a trite meaning, as in "Adorable!" but I prefer the connotation found in "adoration" that is a bit more reverent.  Adoration, to me, implies respect as well.  Like, I might look up to someone with adoration and admiration.

Also, I had someone ask me today if we had taken Christmas pictures of our baby.  Well, not really.  I guess that must be a thing, but it was so difficult to get any non-blurry pictures at her 6 month photo shoot, and we really like those pictures, so we'll just keep trying to get some mileage out of those.  You can look forward to her 1 year mark in February when I guess we're supposed to feed her copious amounts of cake and get stunningly cute photos at the same time.  

Caroline can now wave, recognizes "hi" and "bye," and mumbles "all done" after I say it (it's happened at least 3 times, so I think it's legit).  She is VERY close to walking - maybe after Christmas we'll finally have one of those baby-taking-first-steps videos.  I kind of think I'll be too excited to hold still to videotape anything, but we'll see if I can't find a third party in the room to capture the moment.






No comments: