This week's prompt is: Whisper.
Ready?
GO.
"Whisper" makes me think of quiet people. I had lunch today with my husband (a quiet introvert) and a friend who is also quite softspoken. We sat outside and I thought "How on earth will they be able to understand each other?" But quiet people are often good listeners, and they made do, despite the noise of sitting by the street.
I am going to start reading "Quiet: The Power of Introverts" or something like that (no time to look it up, have to keep writing!). I haven't even opened it yet but I know I will love it because I'm pretty sure I already understand the premise (actually, I'm pretty sure I live with the premise). Introverts like Mike are often misunderstood and pushed aside in our society, to make way for the loud extroverts. Oh, extroverts have their place too - but introverts have excellent analytical, detail-oriented qualities that are often passed over in the rush of the extroverts getting their ideas out there. Or, the introvert is labeled as "I can't read him," or "She never says hi, I don't think she likes me."
Look folks, get to know them. And if you're an introvert, start with your fellow introverts and just try to say hi. You don't have to be best friends right off the bat. Or ever. But don't let us continue muddling through life without your amazing friendships, ideas, and advice.
STOP.
Picture of the week:
My sisters' 17th birthday dinner!!!! I can't believe it, poor girls, I think I still treat them like they're 8 sometimes. But they are most certainly lovely young ladies and have come of age (in the wizarding world, anyway). The introverts outnumbered the extroverts at the table that evening, but Caroline's incessant extraversion may have evened out the balance. She won't stop moving! She started crawling this week, and immediately tried pulling herself up on anything within reach. All so she can be where the action is, with all the people all around her. ALL the people.


3 comments:
Introverts for the win! Also, I am always amazed at the crazy impressive poetry the ladies linking up to FMF write, but the upside of linking is that your fellow writers are super encouraging. And I like your writing! I'm glad I have the privilege of reading your blog. :)
I really enjoyed the book "Quiet." Very interesting read! Love the picture of your family.
Great picture! It's funny. I never thought of anyone in your family as an introvert. I have "Quiet" on my to-read list. I heard it was really good. Once a little person figures out they can move, in any direction, there's no stopping them. Have fun!
Post a Comment