Here are some cool things about December in Venezuela this year, in no particular order:
- I saw fireflies! I didn't know they had them here!
- When I put my keyboard on the electric piano setting and play Christmas songs, it sounds like Mannheim Steamroller! No joke, it's totally wicked! Except of course for the excessively long pauses, and "dissonant" notes that come out of no where.
- I've been going to Zumba class (dance aerobics with a salsa flair) a little more consistently, and the other night, I actually got my groove on! Like, got my hips and feet moving to the beat right! It only lasted a few minutes, but it was still fun.
- I get to see the Nutcracker here again this year -- TWICE! I love it, the onstage fireworks are definitely the best part. Besides the music. And the incredible dancing.
- It actually feels like Christmas is on it's way this year -- because now I know that it is possible to get in the Christmas spirit when it's 80 degrees! Everyone has their lights up, the poinsettias out, Christmas is in the air.
- And....I'M GOING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT "IF ONLY IN MY DREAMS"!

1 comment:
You get to do all sorts of cool things. Have fun with your family at Christmas time.
Post a Comment