Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More Crazy Good Times

Well, I know there are at least a couple of you out there who read my blog every once in a while, so.....these pictures are for you! It's been awhile, I know, but trust me -- there haven't been many lovely things to take pictures of. The winter here has been kind of blah weather-wise, just gray and ugly. But finally, the sun is starting to appear every now and again! So I've been outside taking advantage of D.C.'s wonderfulness. Here y'are:





The Capitol! Early on a quiet Saturday morning. Sigh.







This is Greg and I getting ready to go up the Washington Monument (my first time since I was 4!!!!) That's Lincoln in the background.







Here is a view of the White House from the top of the Monument! Ay!








This is a drum and fife marching band at Mount Vernon on President's Day. GW was there himself to celebrate! The band was totally my favorite part, though. Ten, hut! Dress right!



Greg and I at Mount Vernon. It was SUNNY! I got SUNBURNT! (Even while wearing sunscreen)





The Potomac. It doesn't get much better than that. Ay, que fabuloso!



5 comments:

rachel b. said...

Wow, how pretty! My family was in DC last week and I was jealous :-(

Steve said...

Shannon, what is going on? We had a B-Low lunch this week and everyone wanted an update on your life, love, and politics.

Mike said...

Who is this Greg guy in all of your photos?

Spencer and Julia said...

When did it stop being the "pencil building?" I was glad to see you got to go to Mt. Vernon on president's day. That brings back memories.

lindsy said...

I LOVE your photos. I meant to tell you a while ago. They make me want to visit even more.